Monday, August 10, 2015

The Europe-Centric Conundrum


In May of last year, I blew off some steam regarding the late Club Nintendo's lack of rewards in the US, specifically pinpointing music CDs.
Unfortunately, it would appear that Nintendo of America wasn't one of the seven people to view the weakly-articulated post, however, because the same issue is happening again, but it hits a lot closer to home.
The Super Mario Maker bundle. It's basically the same as the regular Super Mario Maker, but with a super-exclusive 8-bit Classic Mario Amiibo.
Let me preface this article by saying my Amiibo game is completely not on fleek. I only have a Toad Amiibo and don't have the money to shell out on them, but this one in particular caught my eye.
Then, I found out that this pack has, so far, only been avaliable for preorder in Europe.


Oh wait! It turns out we get a special preorder bonus too! We get..... a poster.... GREAT! You know what's better than a BA Mario Amiibo? A lame poster that I could print out at the local CVS.
It's not like I could easily buy the Amiibo online either. This thing will probably sell for $100 without the game attached. Plus, it's not like you could preorder the game's European bundle and ship it to your house, because the Wii U games are region-locked. Thanks, Nintendo!
I'm really annoyed when things like this happen. It's not like the trend will stop anytime soon, either. Heck, just look at the still ongoing Nintendo Club page for Europe. Look what they got: an awesome Captain Toad nightlight, a Majora's Mask light, and the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack CD. (ANOTHER CD?!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!) Meanwhile, we literally got nothing. No, seriously. At the same time that the products were released, we lost Club Nintendo.
So if you're reading this now, Reggie Fils-Aime, hit me up. I'll take one. I mean, my birthday's on September 11th, so send me one. I'll be cool about it. At the very least, stop giving Europe everything, we won't bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment