Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Coelacanth Fishing Tips


Trying to Find the Coelacanth in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Okay, so if anyone has ever heard of Animal Crossing, they sure as heck know of that dastardly coelacanth. I am pleased to announce that for the first time, I finally caught one of those guys. Out of pure happiness, I have decided to share some of my secrets to any struggling fisherman.

- This is the simplest step EVER, and for any veteran player, this is common sense. They can ONLY be caught in the middle of a thunderstorm or snowstorm.
-Everybody claims you can only catch it early in the morning or late at night. WRONG. I caught one at 5:30. I think that maybe they appear at a randomly selected time frame, but I'm not quite sure.
- All fishermen hate sea bass. The large fish raises the hopes of all fishermen reeling them in, hoping it to be a rare fish, and ultimately destroys any dreams they have. In New Leaf, however, there is a simple difference: Coelacanth's are slightly longer than the shadows of sea bass. It's shadow is the same size as that of the Napoleonfish.
-Location in the ocean does NOT make a difference. Scratch all of that gibberish like "They are more common near waterfalls" and "wear a snorkel" or "spin around a bajillion times to become lucky." There are no ways to increase chances of finding one.
-They are found exclusively in the ocean, but like all other ocean fish, they can be caught at the Tropical Seas. However, I recommend the ocean, because there is not the chances to reel up more common (though still slightly rare) fish such as the Giant Trevally, caught only on the Island.

Anyone else had luck? Has my advice helped? Please leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment